How To Pray...

Written on 12:21 AM by Pastor Coon


"The proper way for a man to pray,"
Said Deacon Lemuel Keys,
"The only proper attitude
Is down upon your knees."

"No! I should say the way to pray,"
Said Reverend Dr. Wise,
"Is standing straight with outstretched arms
And rapturous upturned eyes."

"It seems to me, his hands should be
Devoutly clasped in front.
With both thumbs pointing toward the ground."
Said Reverend Dr. Blunt.

"Last year, I fell in Hodkin's well,
Head first," said Cyrus Brown.
"With both my heels a stickin' up,
My head a-p'intin' down.

"And I made prayer right then and there-
Best prayer I ever said!
The prayinest prayer I ever prayed
Was standin' on my head."


I would surmise that prayer is not a position as much as it is a passion. Don't wait until you are desperate to pray...God is always taking requests.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment